Beat Four School Library Media Center
Library Media Specialist
Beat Four School Library Media Center Mission
The mission of Beat Four School Library Media Center is to focus on educational experiences that foster a partnership with parents, communities, and technology to develop our students into productive citizens focusing on skills that build character, decision making, and lifelong learning.
Beat Four School Library Media Center Vision
The vision of the Beat Four School Library Media Center is for the media center to be the focal point of the school and to serve as the core of the educational program. The library media center must strive to accommodate students and teachers during unstructured time and regularly scheduled curriculum areas. The library media center will maintain a collection of print and non-print items that will both support the curriculum and interest the patrons.
Hours of Operation
The Beat Four School Library is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Students have the opportunity to use the library for independent study and personal use. Classes are scheduled for visits during the week.
Classes will be scheduled in the library for library skills, research or class projects. These times will be scheduled by the school library media specialist and the teacher.
Beat Four School Library serves Kindergarten through 8th grade students.
2021-2022 Library Schedule
Destiny Library Software
The library catalog is maintained on our Beat Four School Destiny Portal Desitny Portal Webpage. Students in grades 3-8 are able to log into his/her account at the library and see which books are checked out, place holds on books and search for new titles. Tutorials will be available soon.
- K- 1 students may check-out 1 item at a time.
2-8 students may check-out 2 items at a time.
- Items are checked out for a period of 2 weeks.
- Items may be renewed if the student still needs them.
- Reference books, such as encyclopedias and dictionaries are to be used only in the library, unless teachers check out these items for classroom use only.
- Students with an overdue book may not check out additional materials until the overdue book is returned.
- All students are responsible for books checked out in their names.
- Notices will be sent to students in homeroom for books that are overdue.
- Items overdue by three months are considered lost and require immediate payment for replacement.
- Lost materials are charged the cost of the item.
- Returning students will not be allowed to borrow materials until fines are paid and lost books replaced. Minor repairs will be performed as needed; however, patrons who have damaged items beyond repair will be expected to pay the replacement cost of the item.
MAGNOLIA (http://magnolia.msstate.edu) provides Mississippi residents with access to electronic databases through their local public, school, community college, or university libraries.
MAGNOLIA is funded by the Mississippi Legislature (http://www.legislature.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx) and, in part, by Libraries throughout the State of Mississippi.
Library Media Center Educational Websites
Professional Development Opportunities