Waynesboro Riverview School Library Media Center
Library Media Specialist
Waynesboro Riverview School Library Media Center Mission
The mission of Waynesboro Riverview School Library is to provide exemplary service to the students, faculty, and staff of our school. Service will be in the forms of, but not limited to, collection development, information access and delivery, and technology and resources for enrichment and research.
Waynesboro Riverview School Library Media Center Vision
The vision of the Waynesboro Riverview School Library is to create an environment for independent reading and learning, as well as a center for collaboration and high academic achievement.
Hours of Operation
The Waynesboro Riverview School Library is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Students have the opportunity to use the library for independent study and personal use. Classes are scheduled for visits during the week.
Classes will be scheduled in the library for library skills, research or class projects. These times will be scheduled by the school library media specialist and the teacher.
Waynesboro Riverview School Library serves Kindergarten through 8th grade students.
2021-2022 Library Schedule
Destiny Library Software
The library catalog is maintained on our Waynesboro Riverview School Destiny Portal http://bit.ly/destinyportal Webpage. Students in grades 3-8 are able to log into his/her account at the library and see which books are checked out, place holds on books and search for new titles. Tutorials will be available soon.
- K - 1 students may check-out 1 item at a time.
2 - 4 students may check-out 2 items at a time.
5 - 8 students may check-out 3 items at a time.
- Items are checked out for a period of 2 weeks.
- Items may be renewed if the student still needs them.
- Reference books, such as encyclopedias and dictionaries are to be used only in the library, unless teachers check out these items for classroom use only.
- Students with an overdue book may not check out additional materials until the overdue book is returned.
- All students are responsible for books checked out in their names.
- Notices will be sent to students in homeroom for books that are overdue.
- Items overdue by three months are considered lost and require immediate payment for replacement.
- Lost materials are charged the cost of the item.
- Returning students will not be allowed to borrow materials until fines are paid and lost books replaced. Minor repairs will be performed as needed; however, patrons who have damaged items beyond repair will be expected to pay the replacement cost of the item.
MAGNOLIA (http://magnolia.msstate.edu) provides Mississippi residents with access to electronic databases through their local public, school, community college, or university libraries.
MAGNOLIA is funded by the Mississippi Legislature (http://www.legislature.ms.gov/Pages/default.aspx) and, in part, by Libraries throughout the State of Mississippi.
Library Media Center Educational Websites
Professional Development Opportunities