I have been employed with the Wayne County School District since January of 1989. I began my career as a teacher's assistant for 5 1/2 years. I received my degree in 1995 and began teaching. I have the following certifications: Elementary Education K-6, Reading K-12, Social Studies 7-8, Career Discovery, Computer Discovery, ICT1(Information and Communication Technology), ICT2, COOL(Certification of Online Learning), IC3 Certified (Computer Certification), and STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). I currently teach STEM.
- STEM will prepare students to effectively use technology in learning, communications, and life skills by the end of each unit with 80% mastery.
- Introduce technological skills
- Guide students by giving them illustrations and demonstrate the finished product
- Guide students through the development of basic to advanced activities
- The teacher will monitor and evaluate independent practice activities
The mission statement of ICT is to provide students the opportunity to learn workplace skills.
Core Belief Statements:
- Every student has the ability to achieve the technological skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century workplace.
- Family and community involvement are essential for student learning.
- Learning is our highest priority.