This project is due by May 12, 2017.
OBJECTIVE: You will design your dream house with a floor plan drawing, area calculations, model creation, and totals. You are to incorporate what we have learned about geometry with houses.
PART I: FLOOR PLAN DRAWING
The first phase of your project will be to create a plan drawing of one floor of your home. It must include distances and measurements and must also include at least one of each of these types of shapes:
*Square *Rectangle *Triangle
*Circle (at least a portion of a circle, for example a semi circle)
*Some other quadrilateral; make sure to name it.
Your drawing MUST have these elements:
- Each of your rooms must be clearly labeled (what type of room is it and what type of shape it is) and neatly drawn. The rooms required (At least):
*2 bedrooms *2 bathrooms
*1 kitchen *1 garage *1 living room
- Your drawing must fit on a regular piece of paper (8.5x11).
- You must use color and make this dream home appealing.
- You will use the scale for your drawing so that your drawing is realistic and life-like (1 inch = 5 foot).
- Your home should have realistic measurements, and should be something someone would actually live in. Refer to floor plans on the internet for assistance.
- Be CREATIVE! Have fun with the design and make it very imaginative.
PART 2: AREA CALCULATIONS
The second half of your project is to outfit your dream home. Your dream home must have some type of flooring. You must choose at least 2 different types of flooring, to use in your home. In order to determine how much flooring you will need you must calculate the area of each room and decide which type of flooring you will use for each room. You will need to produce clear calculations for the area of each room. Then using these areas and the prices for flooring listed below, choose your type of flooring and calculate how much it will cost.
*Linoleum $1 per square foot
*Carpet $2 per square foot
*Ceramic Tile $3 per square foot
*Hardwood flooring $5 per square foot
PART 3: MODEL CREATION
The next portion of your project will take you into the third dimension. You will now create a 3-D model of your dream home. A very important note: your model must match your floor plan drawing!
PART 4: TOTAL AREA AND COST
Lastly, your business team needs to figure out the total area of your dream house. You will also need to figure out the total cost for the type of flooring.
GUIDING QUESTIONS: Here are some questions that will help you design this home:
1. Creativity: Is your project boring or done with flare to grab the attention of audience?
2. Accuracy: Are your measurements and calculations accurate?
3. Visual: Have your ideas turned into reality?
4. Evidence: Have you displayed enough evidence?