January 25, 2016.
We had a great time last week celebrating our 100th day of school. I want to begin by thanking each of you for sending goodies for your children to share with their classmates as they counted out 10 items from 10 different snacks to make 100!!!
We are now practicing for our PTO program which will be held on February 8th in the storm shelter at WES. A letter is being sent home with more information for you about this upcoming event. Please remember to practice with your child each night if they have a speaking part in the program. They are doing really well at practice and I am very proud of them.
Please continue to read each night with your child. They have their usual decodable reader story to read each night plus their library book. We will be giving a grade this 9 weeks for their scores on the library books.
- PTO program on February 8th at 6:00 pm
- Please continue to collect and send box tops
- Please continue to send can tabs –OUR CLASS WON THE COMPETITION FOR KINDERGARTEN THE FIRST SEMESTER!!!!! (we had our cupcake party on Friday of last week)
- Sign and return folders and papers daily
- ELA: Ll, letter recognition, cause and effect, sentences
- Math: Addition, joining
- High Frequency Words: are, that, do
- Amazing Words: piglet, fox. lucky, filthy, cook, scrubber
- I will be sending home a parent conference form for all of the parents of my students. Please take the time to fill out the form for what is a convenient time for you. It is important that we meet and discuss your child’s progress.
Please read, read, read with your child. The more they read the better they become at it which is very important to their educational success.
As always if there you have any questions or have any concerns please do not hesitate to call me at 601-735-2205.
Mrs. Regina Odom