January 6, 2016
I am sure you all had a wonderful holiday and now we are back in full swing and ready to dig deeper into what the remainder of the year holds for your child. The work will become a bit more in depth and your child will be learning more difficult skills as the year progresses and we begin to prepare for first grade.
- Please continue to work with your child and check homework folders for important information. It is important to sign your child’s weekly test paper folder.
- Check your child’s homework but please do not do it for them
- Read with your child each night (library book, weekly story)
- PTO program for Kindergarten will be on February 8th
- Report Cards – January 14th
- January 18th- Martin Luther King Day Holiday – NO SCHOOL
SKILLS FOR THE WEEK:
- Short Oo
- Drawing Conclusions
- Sentences (begin with a capital letter and end with a punctuation mark)
- Counting to 30 and beyond
This is a short week but we will be covering a lot of information so please work with your child each night.
As always if I can be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the school. I would really like to have some conferences with my student’s parents to discuss their accomplishments and their trouble areas so please feel free to call and set up a conference at your convenience.