December 7, 2015
We had a very exciting week at school. I am sure you have heard your child talk about our visitor (The Elf on the Shelf) we found on Tuesday sitting in our classroom Christmas tree. Our class voted on a name for our elf and it was decided to name her “Sparkles”. Sparkles watches our students every day and reports back to Santa every night.
We have been doing some Christmas activities with the students and they are getting very excited about the things we are planning to do before we get out for the holidays.
Although we are doing fun and exciting activities with the students we are still covering important skills so please continue to check your child’s homework folder and help them read each night.
- December 7-11 Pastries for Parents (Mrs. Regina’s day is Friday, December 11 from 8:00-10;30- a note will be sent with more information)
- December 9th Christmas Dinner (4th grade)
- December 14th – PTO at 6:00 p.m. (4th grade)
- December 17th- Class Christmas Party (separate notes will be sent for this)
- December 18th – Sing-A-Long at 9:00 in the Storm Shelter
- EARLY DISMISSAL (a note will be sent about the dismissal time)
- Read Library books each night and sign paper each night
- Check homework folders
- Sign weekly test folders
- Letter /f/ spelled Ff
- 2-D and 3-D Shapes
- Spelling Words: fit, fat, fan, fog, fed
As always I appreciate your support and if at any time I can be of assistance to you please do not hesitate to call the school and set up a conference.