November 9, 2015
It is really hard to believe that we are looking at Progress Reports going home again this week!!! This school year is going by so quickly and I have enjoyed every moment of it with your child. I look forward to every day to see what new adventures we can go on in our classroom as the students learn new skills.
Please continue to talk with your child about the importance of self-control and talking in instructional time. We had several students to talk and not pay attention last week and it will begin to show on their grades so I do not want it to get to that point before addressing the issue. Your help with this matter is greatly appreciated.
There are several announcements following so please mark your calendars for these events.
- Progress Reports on November 11th
- Thanksgiving Lunch on November 18th (Kindergarten will host this and you will be getting a letter soon with more information on this)
- PTO November 16th
- Beco the Magician will be at our school on November 20th (cost is $2.50)
- Please sign weekly test folders
- Homework folders – please check every night
- Remember to read the nightly story with your child and sign the paper letting us know you did read with them. We test on this every Friday.
- AR books (please read your child’s library book with them) We have begun testing on the computer and they are receiving points toward prizes but most importantly the experience of reading and learning to read is great.
- Box Tops – please continue to send box tops
- ELA- Nn, Bb, compare and contrast, verbs
- Math – larger numbers (we are working on filling in a number chart to 50 then will progress to 100)
- High Frequency Words- me, with, she
NEW SPELLING WORDS FOR THE WEEK:
- nod, not, nap, big, bed – Please check your child’s work each night when they write these words. If they practice writing them wrong then they learn to spell them wrong.
As always I am here for you if you have any questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to schedule a conference with you to discuss any concerns you may have concerning your child, in fact I encourage it.