October 19, 2015
You will begin to see a change in the work your child is bringing home. We will begin Spelling Words this week. A spelling sheet will be sent home each night for the students to complete and to study for a test on Friday. Please help them with this.
Also, as you know we are starting AR this week so the students will be bringing home a library book to read and they will be allowed to keep it for one week but no longer or there will be a late fee from the library. Please help them read their book so they will be able to pass their computer test.
- PTO fee-$5.00 (deadline October 31st)
- Activity fee-$12.00 (deadline October 31st)
- Box Tops
- Can foods – Our class has done a great job bringing cans. Please continue to send them until the last day of October (Thank you for the support)
- PTO- Monday, October 20th the meeting will be held in the storm shelter at 6:00. If your child was chosen for Character Ed please have them here and dressed at the time which was listed of their paper that was sent home
- Fall Festival-Thursday, October 22nd – K-2 is asked to bring treats for the concession stand
SKILLS FOR THE WEEK:
High Frequency words: we, like, my
ELA: Initial and Final /c/, Realism and Fantasy
Math: Shapes, counting and identifying large numbers to 100
Spelling Words: cap, cot, log, cat, pan
Sight Words for 2nd 9 Weeks: like, my, we, for, he, me, she, with,
look, see, of, they, you