Sep 14 - Sep 18
- The teacher will introduce the skills analyzing functional and expository texts as reading for information.
- The teacher will introduce the skills comparing irony and paradox and developing vocabulary through the comparison of the two stories, “Like the Sun” and “The Open Window.”
- The students will complete the Critical Thinking questions, a graphic organizer, and the All in One workbook pages to demonstrate their understanding.
- The students will complete the Open-Book Test as a quiz on the skills and stories.
- The teacher will review the results of the Open-Book Test.
- The students will complete a weekly assessment.
- The students will complete a performance task as a review of the skills learned throughout Unit One.