· The teacher will introduce the selection “The Marginal World” by Rachel Carson using Pearson Successnet.com and Literature books focusing on the reading skill – cause and effect and the literary analysis skill – author’s purpose.
· The student will read the selection in the textbook.
· The teacher will continue modeling and instructing students on the reading skill – cause and effect and the literary analysis skill – author’s purpose.
· The student will complete activities associated with the story including the Critical Thinking Questions, as well as the Reading Skill, Literary Analysis, Vocabulary, and Grammar activities in the textbook.
- The student will complete the Open-Book Test.
- The students will complete a nature walk to discover one piece of nature that inspires them.
- The students will write a documentary proposal on the piece of nature of their choosing.
- The students will complete the weekly assessment on "The Marginal World."