August 31, 2015
I want to begin by thanking you for the tremendous support you have shown during this first month of school. I ask that you continue to stay in touch with me if you have any questions or concerns by calling the school at 735-2205 and ask to speak to me. I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. Thank your for making sure that your child is in attendance everyday. Please continue to get them there on time every morning because we try to use every moment possible for instruction.
There are several things that I want to bring to your attention before listing the new goals for the week.
- PTO $5.00 (if you have not already paid, if you have paid already then thank you so much)
- Activity Fee $12.00 (if you have not already paid, if you have then thank you so much)
- Monday, September 7th is Labor Day. NO SCHOOL
- Box Tops For Education: Please continue to send box tops to school
- Constitution Day is set for September 25th
- Forms for Constitution Day shirts have been sent home. Please send the money as soon as possible for your child's shirt and if you need another form please let us know.
- Deadline for ordering Constitution shirts is September 10th. Please be sure to send the payment with your form when ordering.
- Community Night will be held at WCHS in the commons on Monday, August 31st at 6:00pm.
- Please send you child a snack or $1.25 to purchase a snack each day.
- Three Absentee papers have been sent home with your child. It is very important that you keep these forms at home where you will know where they are and each time your child is absent please fill out one form and send it in their homework folder the day that they return to school. If you have an excuse then attach it to the form and send them both.
Skills for the week:
- Tt, Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy, Zz
- Initial Sounds
- Classify and Catagorize
High Frequency Words: the, little (review am, I)
Math: 1 and 2 more; 1 and 2 fewer; ordinal numbers (first, second, third, fourth, fifth), counting and writing 6 and 7, the number 0
Take-home Reading Story: Please practice reading with your child each night because this is the story that they are tested on each Friday. The key to them becoming successful readers is to practice, practice, practice.