August 5 - August 7
Wednesday, August 5
- Welcome back!
- The teacher will review the course syllabus and classroom procedures.
- The teacher will introduce Unit 1: Ficition and Nonfiction and the Big Question: "Is there a difference between reality and truth?"
- The teacher will introduce the objectives for the week: plot, foreshadowing, flashback, making predictions, and vocabulary.
- The students will begin reading "The Monkey's Paw."
Thursday, August 6
- The students will complete the reading of "The Monkey's Paw."
- The teacher will monitor student comprehension through worksheets such as the Anticipation Guide and oral questioning.
- The teacher will introduce the grammar skill: Common and Proper Nouns.
Friday, August 7
- The students will complete a plot graph to demonstrate their comprehension of plot.
- The studetns will complete the All in One workbook pages, which will test their skills in each of the objectives for the week.