1. read chapter 20 section 1
2. answer the Self Check questions on page 606 (1-5).
3. Construct foldables study organizer page 601
4. Perform Launch Lab Chemical Bonds and Mixing page 601
5. answer the chapter 20 section 1 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to Stability in Bonding
6. Perform the LAb on page 607 Atomic Trading Cards
7. PUT on the smartboard and explain atomic number calculation problems to the class (USING TECHNOLOGY)
8. answer the exit questions on glencoe.com (section review)
1. read chapter 20 section 2
2.answer the Self Check questions on page 614( 1-5)
3. answer the chapter 20 section 2 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to nonmetals
4. Use the periodic table to determine if given compounds are ionic, covalent, or metallic using shoulder partners (KAGAN)
6. Use Kagan Quiz Quiz Trade to practice elements and symbols
7. Answer section review questions on glencoe.com
8. Exit slip questions: 1. Explain the difference between a covalent bond and an ionic bond.
1. read chapter 20 section 3
2.answer the Self Check questions on page 621 (1-4)
3. Using shoulder partners, answer the chapter 19 section 3 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to Writing Formulas and Naming Compounds
4. Using chemical formula rules for both covalent and ionic compounds, write the correct chemical formulas or correct chemical name from the given information.
5. Students from each KAGAN group will go to the Smartboard (Technology in the classroom) and explain how they got the correct chemical formula/chemical name
6. Perform mini lab on page 620
7. Use Kagan Quiz Quiz Trade to practice elements and symbol
8. Answer section review questions on glencoe.com: 1. What is an oxidation number? 2. What is a hydrate?
1. answer the Chapter 20 Review questions 1-19 on page 626 including the bubble map
2. Chapter 20 vocab quiz
3. Review for the chapter 20 test
1. answer the post-assessment on chapter 20
2. answer the pre-assessment on Chap 21
3. define all vocab words in chapter 20 and draw an illustration of each vocab word.