Week 24 February 2-6
- Students will begin a persuasive speech or essay.
- The teacher will review reading skills and literary analysis skills learned in Unit 3 in preparation for Benchmark 6.
- Students will complete the Benchmark test on Pearsonsuccessnet.com.
- The teacher will introduce Unit 4 – Poetry, the reading skill – reading fluently, and the literary analysis skill – the speaker in poetry.
- The students will complete the anticipation guide and Reading Warm-up worksheets.
- The students will read and analysis the first poetry selection (Poetry Collection 1).
- The teacher will lead the class in a discussion of the poems.
- The teacher will review Unit 4 – Poetry, the reading skill – reading fluently, and the literary analysis skill – the speaker in poetry.
- The student will complete an exercise dealing with poetic forms, tone, and mood.
- The student will complete the Readers Notebook activities and the All-in-One workbook activities.
- The student will complete the weekly test for Poetry Collection 1.
- Enrichment and remediation activities will be completed after students test.