January 5 - January 9
- The teacher will introduce the Reading Skill: Evaluating Persuasion and the Literary Analysis Skill: Persuasive Writing and Rhetorical Devices.
- The students will complete a first read of “Keep Memory Alive” by Elie Wiesel.
- The students will view a documentary discussing the Holocaust and take notes from the video.
- The students will complete activities associated with the speech, such as the All-in-One Workbook pages.
- Students will complete a second read of “Keep Memory Alive.”
- Students will complete the Open-book-test as a review of the Literary Analysis and Reading Skills and in preparation for the weekly test.
- Students will complete the weekly test including a research simulation task.