- The teacher will introduce the “The Censors” and "The Leader in the Mirror."
- The student will complete activities associated with the stories including the Critical Thinking and Reading Check questions in the textbook.
- The student will complete activities associated with the selection including the and Vocabulary/Reading Warm Up sheets.
- Introductory videos will be utilized to relate the selection to students' everyday lives.
- Students will continue reading and conducting a literary analysis of our weekly stories.
- The student will complete activities in the All in One Workbook.
- The teacher will review the reading skills and literary analysis skills related to the selection.
- The student will complete the Open Book Test associated with the short story.
- Students will take their weekly test on the reading selection.
- The student will complete a cumulative review of Unit 2.
- The students will listen to and evaluate a speech.
Enrichment Activities will include activities in which students will censor an article.
Remediation Activities will include completing the Reading Skill Graphic Organizer A and/or the Literary Analysis Graphic Organizer A to reinforce the reading and literary skills. This activity can be completed using cooperative learning groups.