Monday, October 20, 2014
· The teacher will introduce the Literary Analysis Skill: Theme and the Reading Skill: Draw Conclusions using “How Much Land Does a Man Need?” by Leo Tolstoy.
· The student will complete activities associated with the stories including the Anticipation Guide, Story Sequence Chart, Critical Thinking and Reading Check questions in the textbook.
· Tuesday, October 21, 2014
· The student will analyze and respond to theme in fiction by analyzing in detail its development over the course of the text.
· The student will complete selected pages in their All In One Workbooks.
· Wednesday, October 22, 2014
· The teacher will review the reading skills and literary analysis skills related to the selection.
· The student will complete the open book test to enrich and or/remediate skills.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
· The student will complete the selection test for “How Much Land Does a Man Need?”
· Friday, October 24, 2014
· The teacher will introduce a problem-and-solution essay lesson.
· The student will complete a problem-and-solution essay.