Monday, October 13, 2014
- Students will review the learning goals for the week and complete a second read of the short stories “One Thousand Dollars” by O. Henry and “By the Waters of Babylon” by Steven Vincent Benet.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
- Students will complete the Critical Thinking Activities, After You Read Activities, and All-in-One workbook pages for the short stories.
- The Open Book Test will be assigned for homework.
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- The teacher will review using the homework assignment (Open Book Test).
- Students will complete the weekly test for the Comparing Literary Works Unit.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Students will use writing strategies to generate ideas and to plan, organize, evaluate, and revise a short story.
Friday, October 17, 2014
- Students will complete the Writing Workshop by producing an original short story.