Monday, August 25, 2014
· The teacher will review introduce and review the reading skills and literary analysis skills for the short story “Games at Twilight” by Anita Desai using Pearson Successnet.com and Literature books focusing on the reading skill – cause and effect and the literary analysis skill – conflict and resolution.
· The student will review for the Benchmark 1 Test using a study guide prepared by the teacher to reinterate skills learned during weeks 1-3.
Tuesday, August 25, 2014
· The student will complete the Benchmark 1 Test on the computer using Pearsonsuccessnet.com.
- The student will read the short story "Games at Twilight" by Anita Desai using Pearsonsuccessnet.com.
Wednesday, August 26, 2014
· The teacher will continue to review, instruct, and model the reading skill – cause and effect and the literary analysis skill – conflict and resolution using the textbook and All-in-One workbook.
- The teacher will review the story with students focusing on reading comprehension.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
· The teacher will continue to review, instruct, and model the reading skill and literary analysis skill.
- The student will complete activities to develop his/her abilities to analyze and evaluate cause and effect and conflict resolution.
Friday, February 8, 2013
· The teacher will administer the weekly test for "Games at Twilight."
Enrichment Activities will include an activity (handout) related to science and the selection.
Remediation Activities will include completing the Reading Skill Graphic Organizer A and/or the Literary Analysis Graphic Organizer A to reinforce the reading and literary skills. This activity can be completed using cooperative learning groups.