Scope of Work for August 6 – August 8, 2014
Common Core Standards 10.L3a, 5b; 10RL 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10; 10RIT 1, 3, 5, 6, 7
MS State Framework 1a,1c,1d,2a,2b,2c,2d,2e,4a1,4a2,4a3,4a4,4b1,4b4
Thursday, August 6, 2014
- Welcome Back Students!
- The teacher will review all classroom rules and procedures, the school dress code and other important rules from the WCHS Handbook
- The students will complete a short writing assignment in order for the teacher to determine students’ current writing ability and grammar skills.
- The teacher will issue workbooks as time permits.
Friday, August 8 & 9, 2014
- The teacher will issue All in One Workbooks
- The teacher will introduce “The Monkey’s Paw” using Pearson Successnet.com and Literature books.
- The student will complete activities associated with the story including the Anticipation Guide and Vocabulary/Reading Warm Up sheets.
- The teacher will introduce Lesson 1 – Analogies - in the Test Prep Workbook.
Have a great week!