answer Bellwork: 1. Explain the difference between periods and groups of the periodic table.
1. answer the Chapter 19 Review questions 1-15 on pages 596
2. bubble map on page 597
3. Chapter 19 vocab quiz
4. Review for the chapter 19 test
Answer the bellwork question: Explain what electron dot diagrams are used to represent
1. answer the post-assessment on chapter 19
2. answer the pre-assessment on Chap 20
3. define all vocab words in chapter 20 and draw an illustration of each vocab word.
Answer Bellwork: Read page 594. 1. Name 3 uses of neon. 2. What other gases are used in neon lights besides neon?
1. read chapter 20 section 1 in groups of 2 ( based on ability) and make their own notes. TSW be given 10 minutes to complete the task
2. answer the Self Check questions on page 606 (1-5).
3. Construct foldables study organizer page 601
4. Perform Launch Lab Chemical Bonds and Mixing page 601
5. answer the chapter 20 section 1 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to Stability in Bonding
6. Perform the LAb on page 607 Atomic Trading Cards
7. PUT on the smartboard and explain atomic number calculation problems to the class (USING TECHNOLOGY)
8. answer the exit questions on m.socrative.com
Answer Bellwork questions: 1. Explain what a chemical formula is. 2. What is the chemical name and formula for cane sugar and vinegar?
1. read chapter 20 section 2 in groups of 2 ( based on ability)
2.answer the Self Check questions on page 614( 1-5)
3. answer the chapter 20 section 2 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to nonmetals
4. Use the periodic table to determine if given compounds are ionic, covalent, or metallic using shoulder partners (KAGAN)
5. Perform the mini lab on page 612 Observing Bond Type
6. Use Kagan Quiz Quiz Trade to practice elements and symbols
Answer Bellwork question: 1. Explain the difference between a covalent bond and an ionic bond.
1. read chapter 20 section 3 in groups of 2 ( based on ability)
2.answer the Self Check questions on page 621 (1-4)
3. Using shoulder partners, answer the chapter 19 section 3 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to Writing Formulas and Naming Compounds
4. Using chemical formula rules for both covalent and ionic compounds, write the correct chemical formulas or correct chemical name from the given information.
5. Students from each KAGAN group will go to the Smartboard (Technology in the classroom) and explain how they got the correct chemical formula/chemical name
6. Perform mini lab on page 620
7. Use Kagan Quiz Quiz Trade to practice elements and symbols