Answer the bellwork: read page 92 in the textbook “Newton and the Plague" (Cross Curricular science and history) TSW then answer questions: 1. During Newton's time away from Cambridge, what did he develop? 2. What did Newton discover about motion? 3. What are 3 things besides gravity, that the Law of Universal Gravition helped to explain?
1. read chapter 4 section 1 in groups of 2 ( based on ability) and make their own notes after reading each paragraph orally to each other.
2. answer the chapter 4 section 1 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to The Nature of Energy.
3. answer kinetic energy practice problems 1-3 on page 102
4. perform Mini Lab on Interpreting Data From a Slingshot page 103
5. View the Brain pop video and Explain how the energy of motion changes depending on the object's speed and mass.
6. answer the Glencoe online mini quiz
answer a question as a bell activity: 1. Explain the difference between elastic, chemical, and gravitational potential energy.
1. read chapter 4 section 2 in groups of 2( by ability) and make their own notes.
2. answer the Self Check questions on page 115 (1-5).
3. answer the chapter 4 section 2 Directed Reading and Reinforcement questions pertaining to conservation of energy.
4. perform Mini Lab Energy Transformations in a paper clip page 112
5. Answer the Glencoe online mini quiz
Answer the Bellwork questions: 1. Explain the difference between nuclear fission and nuclear fusion.
1. Answer 1-13 on page 120
2. Complete the bubble map on page 120
3. Answer 11-17 on page 123
4. Answer study guides
Answer the Bellwork: Read page 118 in the textbook "The Impossible Dream"(cross curricular science and history) Then answer the following question: 1. Explain why it is impossible to make a perpetual motion machine (cite 2 reasons)
1. Answer the Test on chapter 4 energy
2. Define all new vocab words in chapter 7 electricity
3. Draw an illustration of each vocab words in chapter 7
Answer the Bellwork: Read page 150 in the textbook and write a paragraph explaining about nanotechnology and how it may one day be used. (cross curricular science and language)
1. Read chapter 7 section 1 in Kagan groups and make notes
2. Answer the self check questions 1-5 on page 199
3. Answer chap 7 sec1 directed reading and reinforcement questions
4. Construct the foldables study organizer on page 191
5. View Glencoe brainpop video clip
6. Answer Glencoe online mini quiz