Scope of Work---January 13-17th:
- The students will discuss the Advantages/Disadvantages of the North/South during the Civil War after viewing a video on the Civil War.
- The students will complete their Portfolios.
- The students will work on their study guides to prepare them for their Pre-1877 Unit Test.
- The students will understand the principles behind Reconstruction and why Reconstruction failed.
- Students will complete their Pre-1877 Unit Test.
- Students will begin working on the Gilded Age Portfolio.
- Students will look at the overall concept of what the Gilded Age means.
- Students will look at the early “Jim Crow” issues of the South and the major Supreme Court Case Plessy vs. Ferguson.
- Students will look at the issues revolving around Westward Expansion and explain how it relates to the Rise of Industry and Human Rights regarding Native Americans.
- Students will watch a portion of the “Heartland” film to understand the issues of Westward Expansion.
- Students will come to a consensus on the problems that arose in the Great Plains which led to the reform party---The Populists.